Coordinator, Youth and Outreach at Homan Square, Part time Temp Position
This position is temporary- ending September 25, 2018.
Fall Hours: 20 hours per week. Mon, Tues, Wed 3pm-7pm located at SAIC classroom space in North Lawndale. Thurs or Friday 8:30am 4:30pm SAIC Sharp Building. Spring Hours: 20 hours per week. Schedule TBD. Summer Hours: 40 hours per week.
Please apply online at www.artic.edu/employment
Provides administrative support to Continuing Studies Youth and Outreach Programs to support community-based programs and partnerships for multi-generational audiences at our off-site location in Homan Square. Serves as a departmental liaison between current and prospective students, their families, and our faculty. Works directly with faculty, students, and parents to support day-to-day operations. Provide daily reception and friendly, informed service to students and their families via e-mail, direct mail, phone, social media, and in-person during active terms:
• Respond to student and parent inquiries via phone, e-mail, and social media.
• Update departmental Homan Square social media pages following course schedules and post templates.
• Prepare marketing materials, including promotional flyers, for public programming at Homan Square
Assist in coordinating on-campus and off-site activities during Youth Program class meetings active terms:
• Monitor daily instructional activities.
• Oversee facility and equipment use and maintenance.
• Arrange housekeeping and facilities requests.
Assist the Administrative Director and Associate Dean with coordination of special projects and departmental events:
• Coordinate facilities, catering, guest lists, and materials for departmental meetings, orientations, student exhibitions, and other events.
• Provide additional support and customer service at special events.
Oversee Studio Apprentice Program at Homan Square:
• Recruit and hire studio apprentices from neighborhood Chicago Public Schools (CPS) high schools
• Assist and mentor apprentices developing research goals and independent projects
• Oversee submitting of timesheets and related paperwork
Under the direction of the Associate Dean, facilitate marketing and student recruitment activities for public programming at Homan Square:
• Serve as a departmental liaison at Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and neighborhood events
• Communicate with prospective students via phone and e-mail to inform community about upcoming course offerings
• Collect application and enrollment paperwork
• Support Associate Dean in writing assessment reports and compiling data. Collect and maintain student course evaluations.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean and Administrative Director.